[Cialug] LUG meeting tomorrow

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Tue Sep 15 10:52:55 CDT 2009

Josh More wrote:
> The first of two LUG meetings for September is tomorrow night.
>
> The topic (insomuch as we stay on one) is virtualization.  We will start
> with any Linux-related issues that people may be experiencing.  Then,
> Ken Ristau will be showing us around a recent VM project he's been
> working on that uses about 15 virtualized Linux servers.  When he's
> done, if the group agrees, I'd be interested in discussing malware.
> After that, it'll be an open discussion.
>
> (Firefox's spellcheck allows "insomuch", but not "virtualization" or
> "spellcheck"... what's up with that?)
>
> Alliance will be giving away some servers at this meeting.  Please come
> if you can.
>

> As a reminder, next week we will have a special-topic LUG meeting to
> discuss Amazon Web Services.  At that meeting, Alliance will be giving
> away an iPod shuffle... so make a note to stop by for that one as well.
>

> Thanks,
>

> -Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
>  morej at alliancetechnologies.net
>  515-245-7701

Speaking of malware... did you guys see this over the weekend?

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/09/12/1413246/First-Botnet-of-Linux-Web-Servers-Discovered

Firefox does allow "spell check". Last time I checked... in English we
don't just create new words by mushing several words together, like they
do in German. ;)

For your giveaway, how about doing a Sansa Clip + instead? It works
great with Linux out of the box (no extra software needed: just plug it
in, and it gets recognized as a storage device you can drag files to),
and supports Ogg. It has a screen. It has a FM tuner. It has a micro-SD
slot. A 4gb version is only $50. It beats an iPod Shuffle in just about
every way.

-dc