[Cialug] Meeting - Wednesday 10/21 - Gaming

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:57:08 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> There's a sale on World of Goo, which is a fun cross-platform puzzle
> game, kind of like Pontifex where you build bridges... except your
> bridges are made of goo.
>
> http://worldofgoo.com/

This was the first (and only) game I ever bought that came in the form of a
.deb file. :-)

Though it installs its media files in /opt/, which is sort of gauche here in
debian-land.    I learned this because I wanted to shut the music off, but
there is no UI for that.  So I just renamed the music file directory.

The game itself is pretty fun, reminded me of some flash games that use the
same concepts.

- Nathan