[Cialug] Replacing a Palm

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Nov 25 10:37:09 CST 2009

At 10:26 AM 11/25/2009 -0600, you wrote:

>I've had a iPhone for about 1.5 yrs now.
>
>I haven't found the on-screen kb to be a real problem, but I don't
>really like typing on phones in the first place.

Follow up thoughts on the thread:

 > Realized this week when back in the office doing billing that one aspect
I *would* miss is the option of working on a desktop. Palm Desktop provides
a duplicate of the device data and the 'enhanced' UI - when doing billing
this week I realized that this is another part of the problem - having
calendar records available and updateable.

This might indicate a slight preference towards a web app, ..

>If I recall from my ancient days using Palm products, the calendar is
>stored as a vCal which is very similar and quite exportable to iCal
>format.

Exporting data is not a problem, .. having a usable UI on the desktop might
be the bigger issue.

Heading to the store over the weekend, .. want to check out the new HTC
Android phone and the Storm 2.

Thanks for all the comments!

         Lee