[Cialug] InstallFest 2010?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun Nov 22 14:01:08 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM, TJ Vance <tj at vancecoffman.com> wrote:
> What about changing the venue and using it more as an install fest?  I don't
> think there will be many laptops at the fair and it is pretty expensive for
> the LUG budget.

I agree. Wrong type of crowd.

> Another idea for recruitment would be

Here's yet another idea... An event to try and woo those w/ the most
influence. Instead of an install fest, maybe something to help explain
to retailers and consultants the benefits of Linux.

Wear your bestbuy/staples/[local consultancy] work shirt and get
entered into a drawing for [something interesting]. Bring your laptop
and netbook and set it up for a dual boot experience.

These people, if convinced, will impact many more people than the LUG
could normally reach with one event.

--
Matthew Nuzum