[Cialug] InstallFest 2010?

murraymckee at wellsfargo.com murraymckee at wellsfargo.com
Sun Nov 22 03:27:07 CST 2009

There are several food vendors just north of the Varied Industries Building, along the south side of the Grand Concourse.  VIB is now air conditioned inside, so on warm or rainy days there is quite a crowd there, seeking relief from the elements.  The association my church belongs to has a booth in the VIB.  You will have to pay for fair admission and parking as well as the booth space.  A booth is 10' X 10'.  Our church rents 4 adjacent booths, and some have many more.  I didn't see the bill, but I think I heard that it was $2000 for each 10' square.  The fair requires that the booth be manned continually while the VIB is open, 9 A.M. to 9 P.M.  That means there should be 2 or more people in the booth, so 1 of them can have the opportunity to take a short break if needed.  I don't know if getting a DSL / cable / ??? connection in the VIB is possible.  They'd probably frown at poking a hole in the roof to put up a satellite dish.  There were a couple of empty booths at the fair in 2009.  I don't remember any near the north side.  With 100K people attending daily and say 1/3 of them go through the VIB, if only 1 out of 1000 people in the VIB stop at your booth that would be 33 people a day, and we get far more than 1 out of 1000 people to stop at our booth and talk to us.

Murray McKee
Operating Systems Engineer
WFFIS - Wells Fargo Financial Information Systems
800 Walnut Street
MAC F4030-037
Des Moines, IA 50309-3605
WORK (515)557-6127 Cell (NEW) (515) 343-6630  FAX (515) 557-6046
MurrayMcKee at WellsFargo.com
"This message may contain confidential and / or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."