[Cialug] Replacing a Palm

TJ Vance tj at vancecoffman.com
Thu Nov 19 22:47:50 CST 2009

There's always tethering to a netbook.  I'm willing to pay for the data plan
but I try to be a one-man wolfpack around my office so less
connectivity=less money.

I've got a jailbroken iphone as well but the onscreen keyboard wasn't
cutting it for ssh and rdp, and there is NO gsm where I vacation.

I've played with the pre but the lack of apps was a bit dissapointing, and
while daunting it looked a lot eaiser to write custom apps for android.

If you're still debating just based on hardware, there was a techcrunch
article today about possible new phones early next year but at this point id
call it pure speculation.  Might be a good use of a spare afternoon to just
hit the mall and see what htc has to offer in some other form factors?

Cheers
TJ
(sent from android)