[Cialug] Small forest creatures and the Internet (was Re: Twitter List)

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Nov 19 21:12:23 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Josh More
<morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> I was going to make a joke Matt obviously needing to run a squirrel
> InstallFest in his area, and hit Google to make it funnier.

Today is our cat's birthday so I took the family to Petsmart to get a
gift. There were some rodents in cages running in their wheel and as
always I wondered how much power these things could generate. I asked
my wife what she thought and she suggested we buy one and find out.

As much as I'm of fan of experimental science I decided to pass. But I
did wonder if one or two rodents running in a wheel could generate
enough power to clean their own cage. Imagine the cage would be on a
small conveyor belt that fed new fodder in one side and evacuated it
on the other. Every turn of the wheel could rotate the conveyor
minutely.

If it works and you make a million dollars off of the idea remember me. :-)

In case you're wondering, I know the cat would love to get a pet mouse
for a gift but my wife felt it was inhumane so we instead got pack of
toy mice. It was a hit.

--
Matthew Nuzum