[Cialug] Disk Performance and Measurement

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Nov 2 16:10:12 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Aaron Porter <atporter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm not quite sure I follow you.  Are you suggesting the speed of ~1458
> mega bits per second exceeds the speed of the interlink?  I actually have
> dual GBE connectors.  It would seem that additional interlinks under AoE
> actually increases capacity and provides redundancy.
>
> It does exceed a single gigE. Running LACP or similar would certainly
> bring your numbers into the realm of reality :)

I would really enjoy learning more about this storage solution you're using.
Most of what I know about AoE I've learned on this list. Care to quickly
document what you're doing here? To be honest, I didn't realize you could
use two ethernet cards to double your bandwidth for one application.

--
Matthew Nuzum