[Cialug] Personal project management wiki

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:50:10 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley <
daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:

> I've been thinking of setting up a small wiki to track my projects. I
> know there are many packages of varying complexity that would work. I
> want something that is simple to use and maintain. It doesn't need to
> support a large number of users either--i'll probably secure it so no
> one but myself can edit it anyway.

My suggestion could not be further from Josh's. ;-)  TiddlyWiki might be a
good fit for your needs.  It's just a big html file with some javascript in
it.  It is entirely a local thing, but it has lots of nice tagging and
organization features.  It also has an extensive set of plugins available,
including some GTD-related ones if you're into that sort of thing.  I hear
now it has some kind of optional server-side support as well, but I have not
used that myself.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

No setup at all for using it locally.  Just download the html file and save
it somewhere.  Then access it when you want to edit it, and it will write
itself back out to the same html file.  Works great with Firefox.

- Nathan