[Cialug] Not that big? (Was Command Line Linux)

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:39:17 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> I was thinking "not that big" by modern standards... what's the smallest
> HD you can buy these days, like 250gb?
>
> If you can't install Ubuntu server (I don't know, haven't tried it, but
> I suspect you can) with no GUI, you can always install Debian... or any
> one of the other distros.
>
> -dc
>
> Stuart Thiessen wrote:
> > Perhaps "not that big" is defined by what can fit on a USB stick? :)
> >
> > On May 12, 2009, at 14:23 , chris wrote:

I'm not sure about the current version of Ubuntu, but I installed 8.04 LTS
server a while back, by taking the defaults at install time, it did not
install X-windows.  just had command prompt.  I guess its possible I
un-checked some stuff on the install wizard, but I usually just blindly
click "next" when I'm installing stuff, so I seriously doubt I did anything
that strayed from the default options.

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com