[Cialug] External Hard Drive

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:57:29 CDT 2009

I am real happy with this drive TrekStor DataStation 88350 500GB 3.5-Inch
maxi m.u SATA External Hard Drive
(Black)<http://www.amazon.com/TrekStor-DataStation-88350-maxi-SATA/dp/B000QG89TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242078919&sr=8-1>
TrekStor
DataStation 88350 500GB 3.5-Inch maxi m.u SATA External Hard Drive
(Black)<http://www.amazon.com/TrekStor-DataStation-88350-maxi-SATA/dp/B000QG89TM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242078919&sr=8-1>.
 I got it at Amazon.com for $88 total.  Plugged it in and it worked.

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I should watch out for in geting an external hard
> drive that will work with Linux?  I would think that hard drive and
> USB connection would be pretty standard and Linux could use it, but
> I'd like to make sure.
>
> --
> Todd

Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

The difference between Microsoft and ‘Jurassic Park’:
In one, a mad businessman makes a lot of money with beasts that should be
extinct.
The other is a film.