[Cialug] Wireless

Terry A. Haimann terry at HaimannOnline.com
Sun Mar 22 16:06:53 CDT 2009

Some progress.

After booting up according to the GUI, there is no wireless.  But if you
do the following:

ifconfig wlan0 up
iwlist wlan0 scan
iwconfig wlan0 essid <network>
dhclient wlan0

I can connect (It worked at Caribou this afternoon.)  I don't know why
the GUI can't see the wireless, but I suppose I can create some app to
do the logon.  Question, how would I modify these commands to sign on to
a secured network?

Thx in advance,    Terry