[Cialug] Wireless

Terry A. Haimann terry at HaimannOnline.com
Sat Mar 21 10:53:33 CDT 2009

I have Fedora 10 installed on a Compaq C762NR Laptop.  According to
Fedora, it is running a Atheros AR242x 80.11 abg Wireless PCI Express
Adapter.  FC10 is supposed to be able to use this adapter native, but I
haven't been able to get it to work.  Searching on this laptop and
wireless Linux, results in a link to a Ubuntu help site recommending a
madwifi driver, but the link is dead.

I also have another option, a Belkin N usb wireless adapter.  I actually
had it working for a while under ndiswrapper, but now if I try to boot
with it in the computer the boot fails.  If I put it in after booting
the laptop freezes.  If there is another adapter that someone would
recommend, I would be glad to purchase it.

Can someone help me with this?  I have some command prompt skills.