[Cialug] OT: cheap flights to ???

ewenix at raccoon.com ewenix at raccoon.com
Thu Mar 12 11:30:49 CDT 2009

I'm with you, I might take off for the weekend if I knew
there was a super cheap flight somewhere.  With all the
money the DSM airport puts into advertisements to fly
out of DSM instead of driving to KC, Omaha, etc. you'd
think they could manage to show seat filler deals on
their own website.

If I know I'm going to a specific destination
I'll use kayak.com to at least compare times/cost.

-Jeff

> I wish the dsm airport had a way to list "deals" from this airport.
> Right now if you want to find deals you have to subscribe to each
> individual airline's newsletter. If I knew there was a $69 flight for
> next Friday (or whatever) I would consider a spur of the moment
> weekend trip with the wife. I just wish there was an easy way to find
> these kinds of things.
>
> Has anyone seen this kind of a thing? I contacted the airport directly
> and they said they have no way to know about these kinds of things. I
> personally think they just don't want to do it but I'm not sure why.
>
> --
> Matthew Nuzum
> newz2000 on freenode, skype, linkedin, identi.ca and twitter
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.