[Cialug] OT: cheap flights to ???

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Mar 12 10:36:42 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> I wish the dsm airport had a way to list "deals" from this airport.
> Right now if you want to find deals you have to subscribe to each
> individual airline's newsletter. If I knew there was a $69 flight for
> next Friday (or whatever) I would consider a spur of the moment
> weekend trip with the wife. I just wish there was an easy way to find
> these kinds of things.
>
> Has anyone seen this kind of a thing? I contacted the airport directly
> and they said they have no way to know about these kinds of things. I
> personally think they just don't want to do it but I'm not sure why.

Check out Allegiant.  They have flights from DSM to Las Vegas,
Orlando, and a couple of other cities for pretty cheap.  I don't think
that their fares show up on any of the major flight booking sites, you
have to go to their web site directly.  I flew on Allegiant to Orlando
last November and was extremely happy that I didn't have to have a
layover.  Every other carrier was more expensive and had at least one
layover.

--
Jeff Ollie