[Cialug] Question about mail list

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Tue Mar 3 22:47:12 CST 2009

Sorry to say it, but it could be Yahoo.  I've had problems with Yahoo
delaying e-mails for hours or even days or even losing them entirely.  I
have a Yahoo account, but I much prefer my GMail account.  If you don't have
one and would like one, e-mail me off-list and I'll send you an invite (I
think you still need to be invited).

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Tom Sellers <tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I have noticed since joining this mail list that I seem to get several
> messages out of order for some reason.  For example I read all new mail
> before leaving work and tonight when I logged on there were 4 or 5 new
> messages that I had not read intermingled with the ones I had already read
> earlier.
>
> Is this a common occurrance on such a mailing list?  Is there a reason why
> I would have mail that shows up much later than earlier messages that have
> already been read but with older timestamps?

Tim