[Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 2 18:38:02 CST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-bounces at cialug.org [mailto:cialug-bounces at cialug.org] On Behalf
Of Nathaniel Petersen
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 12:53 PM
To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:
> The pedals are *supposed* to be close together. Otherwise you can't
heel-toe
> when you downshift. :)

Huh.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but I thought when you heel/toed it was
with the break and the gas not the clutch and the break.  Not sure how
that would work otherwise.

See, this is why I double clutch downshift.  But tractor-trailer
habits die hard.

-Nick

Did you ever shift without the clutch? I was a fill in truck driver at my
former job, I went back to driving four days after having my left foot
operated on. I had to learn really fast. Down shifting without the clutch
was even more exciting.
-dh