[Cialug] SSH annoyance

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:59:57 CST 2009

On 2009-02-27 at 18:53:47, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>I'm not sure if this is distro-specific or something from upstream,
>but newer versions of SSH turn off X11 forwarding in the config files.
> Check your config files for something like this:
>
>ForwardAgent no
>ForwardX11 yes
>ForwardX11Trusted yes

I do have all the X11 forwarding stuff enabled and have for years.

But, the issue i was seeing last week is no longer of as much importance
to me. This week, after logging out for the weekend, X11 forwarding
seems to be working as it always has. I don't know what was wrong with
my session last week, but it is fixed now. Usually when any packages
related to X get updated i try to log out and back in fairly soon to
make sure everything is consistently using the updated package, but
perhaps i neglected to do that.