[Cialug] OT: Pre

Chris Freeman cwfreeman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:44:24 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> Yeah, but seems like we were singing a similar song a year ago.
> Expectations for Android have been very high but I can't hold my
> breath much longer. I held off getting a smart phone last fall opting
> to buy a full-featured phone on ebay and skipping a contract. Not
> wanting to wait too much longer.

For me, the biggest problem is that the phones are tied to the service
provider. I want a G1, but I won't pay the disconnect fee for 2 people
to get off of Sprint. That said, I am also drooling over the Pre, and
I have a Centro already. I'm in no rush to get shiny and new.

I have a friend with a G1, and he loves it. If T-Mobile is a
possibility for you, you might want to look at it if you can't wait
much longer.

Chris