[Cialug] Distro choice? Was: Reloaded Debian

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 28 21:55:37 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Josh More
<morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> 8.04 is a long-term maintenance version.  Since Tom was interested in
> stability, that's a better choice than 8.10, which is newer, but has a
> shorter maintenance cycle.

8.10 is so much better than 8.04 I have a hard time recomending the
LTS for desktops (note I'm sending this from my personal, not work
email address). 9.04 is even better yet (though of course don't use
9.04 yet unless you're really comfortable dealing with problems).

Tom, your reasoning for choosing Debian is valid. I'm sorry you're
having troubles, it's far different than the experience I've had. I
admire your perseverance and tenacity. You'll get it through it. You
can always hop into the irc chat room #cialug on irc.freenode.net.
There's often someone there though sometimes it's slow.

--
Matthew Nuzum