[Cialug] Distro choice

Keith Carpenter wd0fia at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:48:49 CST 2009

I have been running Ubuntu 8.10 on 5 Dell laptops without ANY issues.  Two
are Inspiron 1501, one is a Vostro 1000 (basically a Inspiron 1501), and the
last is a Dell B130.  All ran setup without any problems, and even the
wireless works without any additional hoops to jump through.

Now if I can catch Theron sometime, I can switch strictly to Linux at home.
I just need his help figuring out WINE on a few programs I cannot find open
source.

Keith D Carpenter

Technology Analyst

Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC