[Cialug] Lots 'o questions....

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Jan 15 16:17:24 CST 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 3:56 PM, ewenix at raccoon.com wrote:

>> 1.) Pull 'n go in an emergency.  You know, the house is burning
>> down and I
>> have time to grab...one drive tray from the server.  If I pull out
>> one of
>> the two raid drives and my house goes up in flames, can I just
>> stick the
>> drive in another computer later as a single drive and get my files
>> back?
>
> Does this mean you don't have a DR site
> set up AND do not plan to do backups? ;-)
> You really live life on the edge my friend......

Maybe he uploads his media files via bittorrent and lets the world
mirror them. ;-)

That said, I don't think he's alone if not backing up all his media
files off-site -- since the data isn't original the most cost
effective data accessibility plan may be "buy it again" as opposed to
"maintain off-site backups", particularly if the media itself is
insurable.

	Zach