[Cialug] Slackware

Matt Patterson matt at usrlocal.com
Mon Jan 12 11:21:25 CST 2009

I'm still running slackware on a few home machines. If you like getting
under the hood and seeing how things work, slackware is a great distro!  I
also like the simplistic approach to the distrobution.   The less stuff
that is installed and running the better.  Ecspecially when it comes to
servers!

I use slackpkg to help keep my systems up date date. It makes updates a
*lot* easier.

If anyone is looking for media, I have a copies that I can burn for you or
provide a link for download.

-Matt