[Cialug] And now for something...completely different.

Tim Berneman tim at netconx.net
Sat Jan 3 17:30:38 CST 2009

Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on the Blackberry phones and/or
*gasp* WindowsCE phones - especially with USCellular?  After a freakish
bathroom mishap I must replace my 8yr old palm pilot and I've wanted to
combine my palm and phone for a long time now.  Even more freakish...my wife
is letting me upgrade!

USCellular only carries 6-8 of these types of phones and I'm trying to make
an informed decision before I commit.  I've heard Blackberries internet
access is faster than the WinCE devices.  I really like the HTC6800 because
of the touch screen, the bigger sliding horizontal keyboard, and syncing my
contacts and notes from my email program and it's WiFi ability.  USCellular
doesn't have the blackberry storm yet but it's "in testing" right now and
I'd like to hear anybody's experience with that or any other Blackberry as
well.

Hopefully there's more informed gadget geeks out there than me and I'd
welcome your input.

Thanks,

Tim :o]