[Cialug] Mediatomb

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 04:20:36 CST 2009

I finally got my issues resolved.

Evidently there are multiple versions of divx, and one of then (DIV3)
does *not* work on the PS3.

In addition to the changes you listed, I had to make the following changes:

<treat mimetype="video/divx" as="avi"/> to the appropriate section,
 and
        <avi-fourcc-list mode="ignore">
            <fourcc>DIVX</fourcc>
            <fourcc>XVID</fourcc>
            <fourcc>DX50</fourcc>
        </avi-fourcc-list>
to the transcoding profile.

It was the 'treat' line that I was missing. Without that, all divx files
were being transcoded, ignoring the avi-fourcc-list option -- since this
option *only* applies to avi files.

Jeff Chapin