[Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Fri Feb 27 13:45:52 CST 2009

I've always been very happy with Honda products. My '00 Acura Integra
GS-R (which is just a factory riced out Civic) gets between 29 to 33
mpg, and that's mostly in town. Plus it puts out 170hp from a 1.8L
naturally aspirated engine, with an 8000 rpm redline (some people don't
like the fast revving buzzy engine, I love it). It's a lot of fun to
drive, and with snow tires it gets around very well in the winter.

The new Civic Si has even better performance numbers. The main thing I
don't like is they don't make a Civic hatch for the US market any more.
The Fit has a nice big hatch, but it's not really a performance car.

-dc