[Cialug] Specs for a VM machine?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Feb 23 07:50:52 CST 2009

For what it's worth, my experiences would lead to the same conclusion. I
have a 2 GHz dual core Athlon... with 8 GB RAM. Windows XP running
under VirtualBox runs faster than i've ever seen it run on bare
hardware. My primary hard disk is also one that was chosen for speed
rather than capacity (it's only 74 GB--basically a typical SCSI disk
but with an SATA interface), so i'm sure that helps too.