[Cialug] Linux games: world of goo

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Feb 16 08:31:12 CST 2009

I tried it this weekend too. Liked it so much i bought a copy of the
full version. I have an Athlon XP2. I don't recall what the exact GHz
rating is, but it was purchased for low power/cooling requirements
rather than speed. I think it is 2.0 GHz. Graphics is an nVidia GeForce
8600GT running a 1920x1200 screen; again hardware that was chosen for
low cooling requirements (it has no fan!) rather than speed. Gameplay
was extremely smooth.

The graphic style and the music are strongly reminiscent of the Sly
Cooper series for PlayStation 2.