[Cialug] Uptime

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 12:46:47 CST 2009

OnMon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Tim Champion <timchampion at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hrm...  POS means different things to different people
> POS = Point Of Sale
> POS = Peice Of (fecal matter beginning with "S")

I recently spent an entire lunch break trying to get fuel at a gas station.
They had a problem with their credit card system (failed just after they
charged my card $50) and a simultaneous mechanical failure at pump I had
chosen.  At one point the LCD on the pump came up with the string "POS
fail".  I was momentarily amazed at the pump's frankness before I realized
it was using definition #1 above.

- Nathan