[Cialug] ACM - Association for Computing Machinery

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Feb 4 11:15:23 CST 2009

Hi, I got a letter in the mail inviting me to join ACM. Apparently
they have numerous print publications and the professional membership
is $84 for the first year and $99 for subsequent years. They seem to
have a large body of information on their website.

I was going to toss it away but I noticed that one of their member
benefits is a subscription to a subset of the Safari online book club
(and some other online book sources). You don't get the full deal, but
you do get several hundred titles. I looked through the titles they
offered and found numerous ones that I wanted to read.

At $84 that seems like a bargain but I really don't know anything
about these guys. Can anyone tell me about them?

--
Matthew Nuzum