[Cialug] podcast downloaders

ewenix at raccoon.com ewenix at raccoon.com
Wed Feb 4 09:07:21 CST 2009

> *collective gasp from the audience*
Simmer down now....

Someone at work recently noticed my zune and asked what was wrong with me.
I told him to take his iphone and go back to his desk.
On the horizon we can see devices that will do what *we* want them to do.
Phone, wifi, media player/sharing (sans DRM), bluetooth, email, and an
SDK for anything else you want it to do.  I'm waiting for the day that I
actually agree with the sprint CEO on his statement "can you believe we
still call these phones?"

> Did you get bit by the new year's Zune outage thing?  The wireless
> syncing ability you talk about, is that just with other people or with
> your computer?

No, my understanding is that it only affected the 30G ones.

I wireless sync to my computer, which was a big selling point for me personally.
You can wirelessly share music with other zunes. I'm not sure offhand what the
range is on that.  Most of the time I'm listening to podcasts, and I have the
wifi off so the battery lasts longer.

-Jeff

believed to be clean.