[Cialug] That "plus / minus" thingie

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Dec 20 13:13:48 CST 2009

+ and - are different technologies.  If a device cannot read it, it's at
a hardware level.  Barring a firmware update to the device itself, you
can't correct for it.

Best just to buy the type of media that your systems can use.  It's
likely not worth the effort to try to hack things for a 50 cent disk.
For what it's worth, I've run into many things that can't read +, but
nothing that can't read -.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Rob Miller <robarooney at gmail.com> 12/20/09 12:59 PM >>>
I am all excited about installing MINT on my old Sony laptop so I burned
DVD on my HP desktop and it won't work on the laptop and I discovered
the
disk was a DVD plus and the Sony only uses CD or DVD minus and now I am
wondering if there is any way to trick one or the other computers to
accept
and use either or both or vice versa ???  Thanks.