[Cialug] Web Work, HTML Question

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Dec 19 15:49:08 CST 2009

A p os nor like a carriage return, it's a block (ie carriage return) +
bottom margin.

A div is the same but no margin or padding. Semantically, a p is a paragrah,
a div is a.section of content. Like a group of paragraphs, column, header or
something similar.

Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on Twitter freenode identi.ca and Skype

On Dec 19, 2009 7:31 AM, "Todd Walton" <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com>
wrote:

> HTML Tables for non-tabular data?  Nooooo! :)
I was kind of expecting someone to say that....

> Tables do make it much easier to position stuff, but there are a lot of >
problems with them too....
Your reasons:

1) They're not "accessibility" friendly

This isn't for the public and it's a very limited application that
won't be updated often once it gets made.  I'm not worried about
accessibility.  Though I appreciate the point.

2)  and they can get unreadable quickly.

They do, don't they?  This is a good point, too.

> If at all possible, DIV and SPAN and P are much more preferred.
I know that <p> will be like a carriage return, so I can understand
using that.  I'm not sure what div and span are supposed to do.  I'll
look them up.

> I'd like to make one other suggestion.  Do something like the following: >
<label>Date:&nbsp;<inp...
Ooh, yeah.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Cialug at cialug.org http:...