[Cialug] Web Work, HTML Question

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 07:25:21 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> HTML Tables for non-tabular data?  Nooooo! :)

I was kind of expecting someone to say that....

> Tables do make it much easier to position stuff, but there are a lot of
> problems with them too.

Your reasons:

1) They're not "accessibility" friendly

This isn't for the public and it's a very limited application that
won't be updated often once it gets made.  I'm not worried about
accessibility.  Though I appreciate the point.

2)  and they can get unreadable quickly.

They do, don't they?  This is a good point, too.

> If at all possible, DIV and SPAN and P are much more preferred.

I know that <p> will be like a carriage return, so I can understand
using that.  I'm not sure what div and span are supposed to do.  I'll
look them up.

> I'd like to make one other suggestion.  Do something like the following:

Ooh, yeah.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Todd