[Cialug] Git 'philosophy'

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Dec 18 10:15:08 CST 2009

Does anyone use Git in a consulting environment? Here is the situation:

> I work from two or three different machines, and need to maintain a
repository for my 'work'
> There are other possible developers, so I have already setup a 'master'
repository at the client.

I had originally thought that having my OWN 'working' repository would
allow me to share environments between office, laptop, & netbook, but git
does not seem to like two repositories (at least I can't get it working).

So, the question - is maintiaing a 'work' repository and a 'master'
respository a valid topology?

	TIA,

	Lee

 Leland V. Lammert            lvl at omnitec.net
  Chief Scientist        Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants www.omnitec.net