[Cialug] Mint Linux

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:12:33 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> Anyone here use Mint?  I've used Ubuntu, but was thinking Mint might be a
> bit better for home use.
>
> --
> Tim
> Required reading: http://bccplease.com/

I picked up two freebie Thinkpad T43's awhile back (6 to 9 months or
so) and installed Mint on them both. I've been running it on both ever
since, and love it on them both.

One sits in or near our kitchen for looking up recipes online and
morning browsing before work. The other is my "knock around" laptop to
take with me to places where I won't care if it gets lost, stolen,
damaged or destroyed. These laptops are old, so media doesn't play
back the best, but they are "usable." 1.86 GHz Pentium M processor,
512 MB of RAM, 40 GB HD.

Took the "knock around" laptop with me to Seattle and processed many
of the photos I took there on it using UFRAW + GIMP. Again, not
blazing fast but it was usable.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night