[Cialug] Mint Linux

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:24:40 CST 2009

Mint is the best desktop linux out there.  It's basically Ubuntu+.  Picked
up the mantle when Mepis turned a bit too strict in their tree a few years
ago and dropped it.

It's my suggestion to anyone that wants a linux that "just works".  Not
terribly good to learn command line on (not bad just doesn't push you
there), but great if you want to avoid ever being forced into command line.

Also you can enable more usability flair than OSX, which makes it an easy
sell too (or disable it if you don't want or find a balance between).

-B