[Cialug] Firefox extensions for novice users

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Thu Dec 17 14:30:40 CST 2009

I like Tab Mix Plus.  I hate the way Firefox handles tabs by default.  It
takes a bit to set up (a lot of options in there), but I think it's worth
it.  Once you have it set up, you can export out the settings, and import
them into another install.  I also recommend CustomizeGoogle for anyone that
spends a lot of time in Google products.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Crouse <crouse at usalug.net> wrote:

> "FireGPG" I use all the time.
>
> "User Agent Switcher" is handy for those sites that think IE is the
> only web browser on the planet and that Linux isn't an OS.
>
> "ChatZilla" is pretty handy if you have limited screen realestate and
> want to save space while running irc.
>
> Those are a few of the extensions I like to install in my own firefox
> browser.
>

> Crouse
>

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Josh More
> > <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> >> I'm installing AdBlock+, LongURL and WebOfTrust.  I'm considering
> >> CookieSafe and BetterPrivacy, but think they might be a bit overly
> >> complex.
> >
> > I installed BetterPrivacy after you pointed it out yesterday.  I don't
> > think it's complex at all.  I set it to just delete Flash cookies on
> > browser shutdown, and to not bug me about it.  It seems to be
> > invisible.
> >
> > --
> > Todd

Tim