[Cialug] OT: Macbook for sale

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Dec 15 17:51:12 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> If I were traveling overseas with a laptop, I would install a clean
> drive and only put what you really need on it. A spare drive is pretty
> cheap.

Having just returned from overseas, my strategy was:

 * Spare computer (light weight, long battery),
 * clean OS install
 * All important files on a thumb drive
 * All private files on a hidden, encrypted partition on the thumb drive.

Ubuntu, presumably other Linuxes, detects the encrypted partition on my
thumbdrive and asks me to mount it. It's really not much of an
inconvenience.

--
Matthew Nuzum