[Cialug] Coding Horror

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Mon Dec 14 12:40:39 CST 2009

I do (now), mostly because I went from static html/php with a copy on my
laptop and my file server to an all-in-the-DB cms platform

it's already been mentioned, but that's a big difference.  it's easy to
cron up an rsync script to get files, but it's a bit more (but not much,
if you're thinking about it) to get a mysqldump in there too

I don't know the details of his hosting plan, but if he was supposed to
get backups, then it's totally the provider's fault (although, maybe
100% data loss includes the backup server).  if it was his duty, then
maybe he got what he deserved - says me in the "those who have lost
data" half of linux users.

-barry