[Cialug] distro for ibook

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Tue Dec 8 10:32:31 CST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Afan Pasalic wrote:

> ok. got it. more clear now.
> but, do you agree that you pay apple brand much more then HP or Thinkpad brand? apple has bigger price (few percentile) because it is "in trend"? and plus they have better marketing then others (few more percentile bigger price)?

Absolutely. People buying low-end Apple machines pay more than you would to get the same hardware from someone else.

You also get some other things with that, which may or may not make up the difference for you; obviously for some people it does. For example, a license and the requisite hardware to legally run OS X. A shiny Apple logo (and stickers). Case design that matches their high-end products. Really nice packaging (seriously, Apple has some very nice boxes).

But in general I agree -- Apple is not competitive on price at the low end of their lineup, and at least some people pay the difference just for the branding.

	Zach