[Cialug] distro for ibook

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Tue Dec 8 09:51:09 CST 2009

I should read before I hit the send button :-)

one thing is not clear to me. Is there REALLY good reason why apple
computers are soooo expensive? hardware quality  can't be the answer
because the same hardware configuration with Win on it  is at least 30%
less, some times more then 50% less.

the cheapest macbook now is $999. I bought toshiba laptop few months ago
for $550 with, I think, superior hardware. if macbook was $600 or $650 I
would buy a one. but to pay $400 apple logo on compuer? c'mon...

I think with these prices Apple will never reach more then 10% of market
share. more often I think they play kind of "noble product" game. only
"special people" (rich?) can have it. lice cadillac or mercedes or
porsche...

afan