[Cialug] distro for ibook

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Mon Dec 7 16:08:36 CST 2009

The same could be said for just about any OS... like with Windows,
there's an included zip / unzip function, but it's very rudimentary. I
use 7zip, but a lot of Windows people pay money for something like WinZIP.

The Mac OS update pricing is more expensive than Windows - if you add up
everything. I know you're comparing Apples to... whatever Windows is...
but...

The Linux desktop experience has changed a lot in recent years. IMHO,
KDE4.x is really nice, try it out with one of the live CD's like Kubuntu
or Mandriva One. I don't like Gnome personally, so someone else can talk
about that, but from what I've seen it's pretty good as well.

I understand that some people like Mac better, and Bryan knows I love to
rib him about it... ;) I do find it interesting that a lot of F/OSS
people use a Mac...

-dc