[Cialug] OT: Qwest and Mediacom Internet Service Advice

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Mon Dec 7 11:23:33 CST 2009

 " Turns out that I had entered a password into the modem wrong and that had we done the basics first we'd have fixed it rather quickly. :-)   "

 "  Anyway, I'm pretty happy w/ their support. I've only called a few times and most of them had spectacular results. One time I got the kid who could only read from the script but we eventually got the problem solved (my dsl modem died).  "

I usually just take a few deep calming breaths and follow their lead because I'm not above making a basic mistake and I realize the more I know the more ignorant I become.

If they tell me to blow on the router, turn it around 3 times and plug it back in I would still do it, fully realizing it was silly, but keeping a holistic optimism engaged until we reached another level of support.

I draw the line somewhere before chicken blood though.

-Nate