[Cialug] OT: Qwest and Mediacom Internet Service Advice

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Dec 7 11:17:12 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> The problem with Qwest is when you need customer support from someone
> who knows more than reading off a script, or to get your service request
> processed in a reasonable time, or even 2 weeks later when they took
> your order but didn't enter it into the service queue, or for them to
> not send you to a collection agency for a second voice line you didn't
> order (oh, that's what they did when they lost your service request!),
> and you never received a bill for.

Well, a funny story about that...

When I first signed up with Qwest I had a problem. I told the person right
off the bat that I was experienced at managing networks and that I tried all
the obvious stuff. He kindly skipped the usual dumb questions and we went
right to the deeper stuff like reading signal strengths, and etc. After a
good bit of frustration and not finding an answer he said we should back up
and go through the basics again.

Turns out that I had entered a password into the modem wrong and that had we
done the basics first we'd have fixed it rather quickly. :-)

Anyway, I'm pretty happy w/ their support. I've only called a few times and
most of them had spectacular results. One time I got the kid who could only
read from the script but we eventually got the problem solved (my dsl modem
died).

--
Matthew Nuzum