[Cialug] extra servers

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun Aug 16 15:31:11 CDT 2009

Hello, for a few years I've been helping my friend manage his servers
colocated in Miami (he gives me free rackspace for helping ;-). We've
had some reliability problems with that datacenter and are moving the
servers to Iowa so that I can have more hands on access.

He has a good bit more server capacity than he needs. In order to
offset the costs of bandwidth we'd like to rent out a few (3-4) of the
servers and I just wondered if anyone here is interested in picking up
one or would be willing to spread the word around.

$175 /mo * (flexible, see below)
64bit Dual Xeon or Dual Core Xeon at aprox 3.0GHz
4G of RAM
Dual 250GB RAID 1 drives (brand new drives will be installed in IA)

Prices are flexible based on bandwidth usage, so if you just need an
additional server running a lightly used service that price can come
down.

Email me at newz at bearfruit.org if you're interested.

--
Matthew Nuzum