[Cialug] [omaha] Google Datacenters

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:49:09 CDT 2009

I've often wondered if it would be possible to convert AC to 12VDC for the
entire datacenter then run 12V lines to each server and only have a DC->DC
12V/5V/3.3V Point of Load power supply do the conversion.  Thus eliminating
power loss in the multiple AC-DC conversions and running all the extra power
supply fans, etc.