[Cialug] Linux Job Posting

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:10:26 CDT 2008

Been busy for the past few days and only just noticed this tread.  Totally
made my day in the "it's funny because it's true, but it's not funny because
it's true" kind of way.

IT job hunting is awful from both sides.  On one you have those asking for
10+ years professional experience with RHEL 64-bit (LOL worthy), and on the
other you have people listing off every application they've ever loaded on
their computer ONCE on their resumes.

Just read an article the other day that claimed IT was the 2nd worst field
for people putting outright lies on their resumes.

The worst?  Healthcare.

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

-B