[Cialug] Linux Job Posting

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Sep 24 11:26:09 CDT 2008

A recruiter has contacted me off-list and asked me to pass this along to
you lot.

Bear in mind that job descriptions are somewhat loose, so if you're
interested but don't quite fit perfectly, it might be good to apply
anyway (who has 10+ years experience with 64bit Red Hat, really?).

Anyway, if you're interested, send me your resume and I'll pass it along
to the recruiter.

-Josh More

--- start posting ---

Position Description: Acts in the highest level technical role as an
individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex technical
support and operating systems or subsystems initiatives. Leads,
conducts, and coordinates the analysis, planning, and implementation of
systems software and/or hardware. Analyzes designs, codes, tests,
debugs, maintains, modifies, and documents operating systems. Plans and
defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines
system specifications and/or customizations. Directs the design of
subsystems and integration of total systems. Identifies and resolves the
most complex problems. Provides leadership, direction and/or guidance to
less experienced staff.

Senior RedHat Linux System Administration with experience in system and
application performance tuning, supporting WebLogic and JBoss
Application Servers, and working knowledge of server virtualization
(VMWare, Xen). Candidate should have proven knowledge of UNIX scripting,
file permissions, security, backup tools (Veritas), capacity planning
and SAN knowledge. Knowledge of AIX or Solaris would be considered a
plus.

Responsibilities:
* 10+ years proven experience in administration of RedHat Linux 64bit OS

* Proven experience in deployment and support of JBoss Application
Server
* Experience with configuring and deploying clustering and high
availability technologies in both RedHat and JBoss
* Experience with installing and supporting Apache on Linux
* Knowledge of interoperability in heterogeneous environment and system
process automation
* Must be a team player with excellent oral and written communication
skills. Additional desired experience.
* Storage (HDS)
* Support of database services (Oracle 10g RAC), Veritas NetBackup, and
Active Directory
* Knowledge of multiple hardware platforms (HP, IBM, Sun)