[Cialug] Passing on an announcement - Python Users Group

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Sep 9 08:43:57 CDT 2008

Time / Date:  Wednesday, Sept. 24 from 7-9 p.m.

Location: Marshall County Sheriff's Office, 3rd floor
2369 Jessup Ave
Marshalltown, IA 50158

Unofficial website: http://www.ipug.pythonlibrary.org

Don't know how to get there? Check out maps.yahoo.com or
maps.google.com. The Sheriff's Office is not actually in Marshalltown.
If you take Highway 30 East, towards Marshalltown you'll see it on your
left. There's a large water tower there and the building is a rusty red
color. There are some signs for a Tractor convention there as well. If
you're coming from the other direction, then skip ALL the exits and keep
driving until the lanes go from 4 lanes to 2. It should be the second
right after that.

I am still developing the agenda for our first meeting, but here are
some of the things we're going to discuss:

- What day really works best for meeting? (if you can't make the first
one, you can email me your votes!)
- Figure out what domain name our group should have
- Decide on what Python web framework to use to create said site (which
will be a group project)
- Try to come up with what format we want our meetings to take.

Plone and Zope users are welcome. In fact, anyone who is interested in
Python (regardless of their experience with it) is welcome to come. Let
your Iowan Python friends know.

Questions or ideas? Send them to me. Thanks!